Monday, March 15, 2010

Our first gift to our Baby!

People say the footsteps of a child are the blessed footprints of God in your life; it brings good luck and prosperity.


Well my kid sure has bought us some prosperity. We bought our first house, a huge investment and a little token of love for our child who will play & grow up in its own house! I have had a hectic month getting the house functional. We did a small Pooja with family and friends on Mahashivratri and moved in this month. We have been wondering once the baby comes where we would like to have its bed, what all little stuff would be required. My bhabhi who had come over the other day with her 6 month old baby boy and my child’s first cousin, gave me tips on child management and list of essential purchase stuff.

They say, a child should always sleep in a cot which has been passed on from one child to another and also for the initial few days, they should be made to wear clothes that have been worn by another kid…logic being the baby’s skin is extremely soft and a used piece of clothing which has been washed a few times and worn protects the skin. I didn’t know this and it was piece of information for me! Well I have been getting such tips and pieces of information from friends and family all over… how I should walk, what kind of clothing to wear and what food to eat. These small personal experience stories and anecdotes shared by all leaves me quite enlightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment