Wednesday, April 19, 2017

MUM you need to be a Sportsgirl!

My little boy all of 6 years, is a tennis champion! His aspirations are simple...become a super player...his idols are all sportsmen, his cousin a super football player who has the coolest NIKE shoes and his DAD.

The discussion are intense on players, points scored, play strategy and rankings! All conversations which I am definitely not a part off!

But it doesn't end at Tennis yet, there are other sports as well. So there is football matches and related tournaments, there is cricket and IPLs. The knowledge expands to cover all sports brands, their logos and even sponsorship...a very vast information base if I may say for that age.

The discussion with friends are also on sportsmen ranking, play techniques used and life goal ambitions to become a sportsman and mini quizzes on sports brands.

How do I fit into all this? Through a step by step strategy...he has one day decided his MUM needs to be a "Sportsgirl" rather than asking him questions which he regards as highly silly!

"Mum, I will teach you cricket, there are two players and they have a bat in their hand.They need to stand behind the line called a crease and hit the ball.Got it?" says the little one as my husband looks on with a surpressed laughter!

I am zapped as I calmly tell him, I understand cricket. "Cool", pops out another question on which I am totally clueless.

" See I have to teach you to become a Sportsgirl", end of conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment