Thursday, February 18, 2010

Look who’s hearing???

I read this beautiful line somewhere-“The moment a child is born, the parents are also born. They never existed before. Individuals existed before who shared their life together but being a parent is absolutely new. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.”



Well adding to this thought a bit more, now that I have completed 18 weeks, my little one can hear and make out my voice. So I am actually not alone in my thoughts any more! Also just advising all to be a bit careful about what you say around me...’cos then you know how little minds are impressionable and they are fast learners too!!!

I have started talking to my baby… telling little things about my routine and my daily life. My mother got me the Bhagvat Gita and told me to read to the baby, although not got around to do that yet…but I like telling it more about what I am doing and how am I feeling at the moment…feel some kind of strange bonding…I dot my conversation’s with little endearing’s and keep talking about all the silly things that I do. Its kind of fun, but need to be careful in public, ‘cos then people may think I am kind of crazy talking away to myself all sorts of nonsense!

I also told me husband to get me these ‘Garabh Sanskar’ CD’s, which left him pretty amused, but I read somewhere that music has a really soothing and calming effect on the child and who wouldn’t want a peaceful kid who sleeps at night and also lets u sleep!

Anyways, now that this baby of mine can hear, I am really enjoying my time, discussing my day with it and it sure is a very pleasurable & amusing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment