Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 13, End of First Trimester

This is my last week for the first trimester…my baby is 88mm long i.e 3 inches!!! Quite difficult to imagine! When I first got myself checked my baby was as big as the head of a pin or a mustard seed! Technically that’s just a “dot”, so small I could hardly make it out, till the doctor showed me the speed at which she was moving, I wouldn’t call it a heartbeat, more like a horse galloping down a racecourse! It was also using up all my energy to grow & develop its organs, which really left me exhausted, but then it was all for my little one.

At week 10, the size of a grape, my baby had little toes and hands and was also moving by bending its feet, although I couldn’t make that out and it’s going to take me another few months to feel any sought of movement; which is pretty disappointing! I keep checking out my tummy for signs of growth and movement, but nothing is visible as of now. By week 11, there were tiny tooth buds and the at week 12, my doc said, your little one maybe sucking its thumb...although its cute to imagine...that’s not a habit I want to encourage once its out and in my arms!

And now at 13 weeks, with 3 months ending…my baby has a fully developed brain, spine, a heart, body organs and even eyes & hair! I hope the hair are like me dark brown and eyes like my husband with thick eyelashes…just imagining the face gives me such a thrill…when I actually hold the kid I hope I don’t go jumping around the room...that would be a sight!!

2 comments:

  1. It must be great to feel and see ur baby grow inside u......
    really happy for u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked in for updates and so glad to see 2 posts! Any way I can subscribe to the blog so I know when you post? Looks like you think its gonna be a girl because you said "her". Maternal instincts? By the way, she must also have lost her tail right? Soo cute! And congratulations on passing the first trim milestone !!

    ReplyDelete